Follow in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin, George Washington and many other outstanding citizens. Volunteering at Bailey's Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department can be very rewarding. Regardless if you volunteer to be a firefighter, emergency medical technician, board member or quartermaster, knowing that you made a difference in people’s lives when they need it the most is one of the best feelings you can ever have.
Our volunteers serve in two distinctive roles:
• Operational Volunteers provide immediate assistance at the scene of an emergency. The training http://www.fcvfra.org/recruit/training/ requirements for becoming a fully operational volunteer could be substantial. Great amounts of time and effort go into making an operational volunteer. Operational volunteers can serve in the following capacities:
• Administrative members work behind the scenes to make it all happen. Roles include, but not limited include: Board member, Quartermaster (Logistics), Fund-Raising, Public Education etc.
Membership Applicants must meet certain strict requirements to be considered eligible for membership. Active volunteers are also expected to fulfill several participation, certification, and compliance requirements to remain involved. To be considered eligible for membership, you must:
• Be a U.S. citizen or current legal resident with at least 24 months of U.S. residency (documentation may be required)
• Successfully pass a background investigation
• We recommend that you plan to live locally for at least 3 years, given the considerable time involved in training to become a competent volunteer.
• We also require attendance at regular departmental meetings and participation in administrative functions (e.g., fundraising).
• The minimum age is 18 Our Volunteers are community minded individuals just like you. Join us today. You'll learn a lot, help others and receive some nice benefits. http://www.fcvfra.org/recruit/benefits/
To apply or get more information about joining our station click here, Once on the form, please select Bailey's Crossroads VFD for the department and a member of our station will be in contact with you.
BXVFD is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization serving the citizens of Bailey's Crossroads and Fairfax County since 1942
Site Content © 2019